Today we are releasing Merc Tactics 1.3.1. This is a minor release which brings bug fixs and improvements.
- Allow change weapon action to be undone (this effectively allows to player to test how far a grenade can be shown, without losing action points)
- AI sometime use the "defend buildings" strategy when they realise they are over-powered.
- Ben Dabi use defend buildings strategy sometimes
- Better balanced difficulty levels, easy, normal, hard and very hard. Difficulty levels are now specified from a xml file.
- Enemy AI only throws grenade on second opportunity on easy level
- Soldiers are smarter, depending on difficulty level
- online help for hot keys
- More powerful stats for M87 grenade, which is also rarer
- Make only certain characters have grenades
- Speeded up change weapon and throw animations when soldier not visible to make battle proceed quicker
- The same key that opens a dialog is also used to close it. Dialogs can also be closed using the ESC key (instead of enter)
- Tweaked conditions to get guns, armour and grenades during battle
- Clicking on HUD portrait centers the soldier in center of screen
- Battle gets stuck in loop after throwing grenade
- More accurate grenade trajectory calculation. More hit testing prevents player from throwing grenades that will accidently bounce back off walls, door frames, etc.
- Grenade detonates quicker, but waits until hitting ground at least once
- Grenade trajectory not shown when out of range
- Flickering HUD
- Remove feature to increase visual range after taking a shot with scoped rifle. This feature is too confusing
- Swap scope/ silencer attachment bug
- Swapping gun with broken gun results in the gun put into wrong group
- Prevent soldier aiming flush against corner of building from shooting into building
- Allow undo throw bug
- Fix grenades bouncing through floor.
- Wait for grenade to explode before ending turn
- Prevent showing grenade explosion out of range
- Cap on max allied soldiers in a battle
- Changing the file version error message
Unfortunately, changes resulted in previous game saves not being compatible with the new version.