A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Merc Tactics is a squad-based tactical PC game, similar to games such as Jagged Alliance, or XCOM.
- You control a squad of mercenaries that have to fight their way through a region controlled by numerous militia forces. On your way you pick up weapons, armor, recruit new mercs and receive help from allied forces.
- Each time you encounter a hostile force a battle ensues. Battles are turn based. You must move your squad though the scene carefully making use of available cover. Each scene requires a different approach, depending on how it's laid out, and as all scenes are generated procedurally, that means there is a huge variety of battles.
- New militia groups can enter a battle at any stage. Also several militia groups and allied groups can be fighting in the same battle at once.
- Most things in the game are randomly generated. That includes scenes, the main map and the distribution of resources and enemies. This means each time you play the game the outcome will be quite different.
- A considerable amount of time has being spent on perfecting the AI, leading to well balanced behaviour, quite smart, but at the same time not insanely difficult.
- The game is in an advanced stage of development. The demo does not include the third level of the campaign, which is only available to beta testers who are willing to provide feedback. If you are interested in beta testing the game, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message in the forums.
I hope you like the game and have fun playing.
Supports all versions of Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Version 1.3.2: minor bug fixOct 09, 2021
- Version 1.3.1 releasedOct 08, 2021
- Version 1.3 released: grenades!Aug 14, 2021
- Version 1.2.1 releasedMar 31, 2021
- Version 1.2 releasedFeb 16, 2021
- Linux version releasedNov 17, 2020
- Version 1.1 releasedNov 13, 2020
- Mac version releasedMay 20, 2020