A downloadable game for Windows
Merc Tactics is a squad-based tactical strategy, similar to games such as Jagged Alliance, or XCOM.
- You control a squad of mercenaries that have to fight their way through a region controlled by numerous militia forces. On your way you pick up weapons, armor, recruit new mercs and receive help from allied forces.
- Each time you encounter a hostile force a battle ensues. Battles are turn based. You must move your squad though the scene carefully making use of available cover. Each scene requires a different approach, depending on how it's laid out, and as all scenes are generated procedurally, that means there is a huge variety of battles.
- New militia groups can enter a battle at any stage. Also several militia groups and allied groups can be fighting in the same battle at once.
- Most things in the game are randomly generated. That includes scenes, the main map and the distribution of resources and enemies. This means each time you play the game the outcome will be quite different.
- A considerable amount of time has being spent on perfecting the AI, leading to well balanced behaviour, quite smart, but at the same time not insanely difficult.
- The game automatically adjusts the difficulty based on how well the player is performing.
The game is in an advanced stage of development. We are releasing a free Beta demo to get some player feedback. Please tell us what you think in the forums! Any suggestions for new features are most welcome.
The game comes with built-in help. As you play the first scene, pop-up windows will explain how everything works. To start the game just select "New Campaign" from the main menu. There's also a "Quick battle" feature, that you can select to just play one battle.
I hope you like the game and have fun playing.
Supports all versions of Windows.